Barcode Generator

Make comments, ask questions, or just complain about the software on this site. Or comment on any educational software.
Please note that by clicking on links that may appear in these posts that you may be leaving the Dale Harris Educational Software website and that the content of those sites is the sole resposibility of the authors of those sites.

Moderators:daleadmin, Dale Harris, Alan, Andrew

anabus_maximus
Forum Regular
Barcode Generator

Post by anabus_maximus » Sun Mar 21, 2004 10:23 pm

Does anyone know of a free program that will generate a barcode (either 12-point or customizable length) for Windows that will allow you to export it to a graphics file?

Or a font that could be installed into windows that would allow you to just create them in a word proccessor
Somewhere behind the athlete you've become, the hours of practice and the coaches who've pushed you, is the little boy who fell in love with the water and never looked back. Swim for him and no one else...

sparsons1020
Occasional Poster

Post by sparsons1020 » Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:04 pm

I found one.. PM me and I can send you a link (it's on my home PC) It is a font with Excel spreadsheet capabilities.

Scott

ChrisKraus
Forum Regular

Re: Barcode Generator

Post by ChrisKraus » Tue Mar 23, 2004 4:22 pm

anabus_maximus wrote:Does anyone know of a free program that will generate a barcode (either 12-point or customizable length) for Windows that will allow you to export it to a graphics file?

Or a font that could be installed into windows that would allow you to just create them in a word proccessor
<HR>
Try NiceLabel Pro
http://www.europlus.com

- Chris :)
- Chris
Christopher Kraus

sparsons1020
Occasional Poster

Here is the link

Post by sparsons1020 » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:42 am

http://www.bizfonts.com/free/

Go to "Download Now" under "Index" It is a font with both Excel and Access examples.

Hope that helps,

Scott

Dylan
Forum Regular

FOUND IT

Post by Dylan » Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:39 pm

i found a great 3 of 9 (code 39) font it's on my computer and is free!
Im or email me for it. i have both the 39 and 39 extended.

thanks,
JDR
aka
dil

suamme1
Occasional Poster

Post by suamme1 » Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:06 pm

http://www.milk.com/barcode will also generate them one at a time for you...

ChrisKraus
Forum Regular

Re: Barcode Generator

Post by ChrisKraus » Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:53 pm

anabus_maximus wrote:Does anyone know of a free program that will generate a barcode (either 12-point or customizable length) for Windows that will allow you to export it to a graphics file?

<HR>
BarcodeSender.com has every kind of barcode format.

- Chris :)
- Chris
Christopher Kraus

anabus_maximus
Forum Regular

Wow!

Post by anabus_maximus » Sat Apr 10, 2004 10:07 pm

Thank you everyone for your support. This is a great example of a forum. I will try everyone's solution.
Somewhere behind the athlete you've become, the hours of practice and the coaches who've pushed you, is the little boy who fell in love with the water and never looked back. Swim for him and no one else...

Post by Guest » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:22 am

3 of 9 is not normally used in retail. Some barcode readers will not support this ancient code.

Dan

Post by Dan » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:05 am

Not sure about other code fonts - but 3of9 can be downloaded free off the internet, and barcodes produced in word.

BUT - to make a barcode that will work, you need to produce the following:
*code*
where code is the product barcode that you want.

I got something called IDAutomation which was free and works well - try http://www.idautomation.com

Dan

grantm
Forum Regular

Post by grantm » Tue Jul 05, 2005 10:32 am

Most barcodes in retail applications are either UPC-A (12 digit) or UPC-E (8 digit commonly found on pop cans or small items). Here is a nice one from POS Worls. It will even layout the labels for printing (say for on Avery labels).

suckwoof

Post by suckwoof » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:56 pm

Hi peoples, first time here but have been using the program a while. I use a barcode generator available at
http://grandzebu.net/index.php?page=/in ... codbar.htm

You need to also download and install the font. Read the instructions on the page carefully.
It works brilliantly. I use it in excel and word using EAN13 code (Also named Gencod).

AND IT'S FREE!!!

Hope this helps you out.